Candied yams. Jellied cranberry. Stale marshmallows. Yep, sandwichable.
Delight your guests with this out of the box breakfast! Have them waking up to the sweet smell of french toast that give your leftover yams a whole new life. Arguably better than last night’s holiday din, just sayin’.
Thanksgiving Leftovers French Toast Breakfast Sandwich
¾ cup Sir Kensington’s Classic Mayonnaise
¼ cup heavy cream
1 cup milk
¼ cup brown sugar
½ tsp. Cinnamon
Pinch of Salt
2 tsp. vanilla extract
Leftover Candied yams
Leftover Cranberry sauce
- Slice brioche bread into thick slices
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together Sir Kensington’s Classic Mayonnaise, heavy cream and milk
- In a separate bowl, mix together brown sugar, cinnamon and a pinch of salt.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix together until well blended. Add vanilla extract and whisk until smooth
- Once custard mixture is prepared, add butter to skillet over medium heat
- Soak the slices of bread in custard mixture until moist, and cook for 4-5 minutes per side or until golden brown
- Once french toast has been cooked, build your sandwich with leftover cranberry sauce & candied yams (don’t forget the marshmallows!), plus maple syrup to taste.
Click here to find more inspiration on how to turn every holiday leftover into a mouth-watering sandwich.